Tuesday, January 13, 2009

O Goodness

I would like to thank my very helpful community today in class for letting me bounce ideas off of them. It was much appreciated. :)

As I said, today in class I was just chatting away trying to sort out some of my ideas. We mainly talked about my concept of working with the beloved TV. We tried to marry my concepts of crime and television. We asked why Americans were so obsessed with crime show such as Law and Order and CSI and why these shows continuously top the charts. Most of this discussion however really didn't get me much further.

I tried talking to a few other people about my ideas but they were all dead beats. It was nice of them to take their time to talk about it with me though. I did however have the piece of mind to ring up my sister who went through this process of picking a topic only two years ago. She was a major help. I am going to post some of her pointers on the main blog thing.

What Megan mainly reminded me of was this show that we used to watch, Kid Nation. I know a few fellow classmates also watched this show, it was pretty insane, I know. It was perhaps one of the most interesting social experiments of the past few decades. I still have to sort out a few of my thoughts about how I am going to use Kid Nation because if I try to explain them now, I will sound like a blabbering idiot. I am kinda excited about this one. It seems to show more promise than the other things I have thought of. So whoop-de-do...for now.

2 comments:

hannah hausmann said...

Cool blog name. By following the Kid Nation idea, would you be dropping the criminal profiling idea?? Can't wait to hear the potential thesis tomorrow :)

Sarabrent said...

Sorry, that last quote was kind of in the heat of the moment, and therefore not very helpful, buuuut, regardless, I really like that idea. I mean, didn't they refrain from airing the second season because of all the backlash? It'd be neat to see if other people enjoyed it (not just us)...I'm not quite sure how popular it was.

Sorry, I'm rambling...not very helpful.